Our Privacy Notice
1. Access Install Ltd and your personal data
In order to fit a Smart Meter in your home or property, certain information will be made available to us by your energy supplier. This is our privacy notice in respect of our services for the maintenance or installation of Smart Meters on behalf of your energy supplier. It explains your statutory rights and how we use your personal data.
We may update this privacy notice to ensure it is always up to date and accurate. Any changes we may make to our privacy notice will be posted on this page.
2. What data we need
• Your contact details and the contact details of people associated with your account: information that allows us to contact you directly such as your name, email address, telephone number and addresses associated with your account or order.
• Account information and details of other people linked to your account: information that helps us to work with both you and your energy supplier, such as your unique customer identification details, household details, property type, nominees, executors, or people with a power of attorney and their details, premises details, meter and gas point numbers, meter details, complaints details, incident details, appointment details, and notes added to your account.
• Vulnerability information: information that allows us to understand whether you are in a vulnerable situation, including health and disability information.
• Audio recordings and contemporaneous notes: records of site visits by our field operations teams.
• Records of your discussions with our customer engagement team, including call recordings and emails: when you share comments and opinions with us, ask us questions or make a complaint we will keep a record of this. This includes when you send us emails or phone our customer engagement team.
• Exercising your rights: if you exercise any of your statutory rights under data protection law, we will keep a record of this and how we respond.
3. Why we need it
We process these items of your personal data in order to enter or fulfil the contract between your energy supplier and us to install and/or maintain Smart Meter(s).
4. The source of your data
Your personal data is made available to us by your energy supplier however, we are committed to keeping your data accurate and secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, using varying levels of encryption and access to all of our data systems is closely monitored.
5. Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
• Companies in the same group of companies as us.
• Industry partners – to comply with Energy Company Obligation regulations set by The Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem).
• Other energy companies, network companies and industry bodies – including National Grid, as part of industry initiatives or to help make it easier for you to switch suppliers.
• Industry supervisory bodies – GasSafe and the Electrical Contractors Association (ECA).
• The government or energy supplier regulators.
• Ombudsman service – if you raise a dispute or complaint and are eligible for review by an ombudsman service, like the Energy Ombudsman Service, we may share information such as your contact details and equipment.
• Trial partners – Companies we work with to test new products and services.
6. How long we keep personal data for
We will keep your personal data as long as we are appointed by your energy supplier to install or maintain your Smart meter.
7. Your rights in relation to your personal data
You may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• The right to be informed about the personal data we collect, how your personal data is being used, and from whom we collect your personal data.
• The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
• The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
• The right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal data in some circumstances.
• The right to object to us processing your personal data (where we do so only because you have consented, or because we are using automated means to make decisions that affect you).
• And the right to withdraw your consent to those processing activities which we carry out on the basis of consent, listed in section 3.
• You only have the benefits of some of the above rights in limited circumstances, which depend on the legal reason why your energy supplier made your personal data available to us.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us using the details below. We may require evidence of your identity before we are able to complete your request.
8. Getting in touch
If you have any privacy-related questions or comments, please contact our Customer Services team by writing to:
Access Install Ltd
11, Unit 5 De Havilland Drive,
Liverpool International Business Park,
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.